Saturday 10 October 2009

Solar Energy is not in its infancy


I'm indebted to @smartecoliving on Twitter for posting a link to this post by Robert Bradley, who writes: Solar is not an infant industry! (so why is it perpetually hyped and subsidised?).

I think you'll find the quotes, and more importantly, the dates when those quotes are taken from, quite interesting.

I certainly found them to be so and once again I found myself asking "why haven't we been working flat out on technologies to harness the power of the sun, wind and waves much more efficiently than we are able to at present?"

The answer may be simply because fossil and nuclear fuels were cheaper for the output they yield, and continue to be so.

Click here to read Robert Bradley's interesting article.

photo credit: joem500

No comments:

Post a Comment